Real Haunted - Part 1
Bell Witch Haunting
The sounds continued through the night. Each time a sound was heard, John and his sons would rush outside to catch it to no avail. The sounds then moved into the house.

Strange animals on the farm:
John William Bell moved his wife Lucy, and family from North Carolina to Tennessee after purchasing a plot of land and a large house from a local farmer. He eventually increased his land holding to over 300 acres of land. John became a popular figure in the community. He was named an Elder of the Red River Baptist Church.
According to the legend, the first manifestation of the haunting occurred in 1817 when John William Bell, Sr. encountered a strange animal in a cornfield on his large farm in Robertson County, on the Red River, near Adams, Tennessee. The animal, described as having the body of a dog and the head of a rabbit, vanished when Bell shot at it. This incident was quickly followed by a series of strange beating and gnawing noises manifesting outside and eventually inside the Bell residence. Betsy Bell, the family's younger daughter and the only daughter still living at home (Bell's oldest daughter Esther married Alexander Bennett Porter July 24, 1817), claimed to have been assaulted by an invisible force.

The haunting begins:
The sounds continued through the night. Each time a sound was heard, John and his sons would rush outside to catch it to no avail. The sounds then moved into the house. The children claimed something was gnawing on their bedposts during the night and by morning; something was yanking the covers off of their beds and tossing their pillows across the room. They heard sounds of chains dragging along the floors and noises that sounded like dogs growling. Occasionally they would hear gulping noises that sounded like someone who was having trouble swallowing.
It was at this time that Mr. Bell felt a strange affliction coming on him, which he could not account for. It was stiffness of the tongue, which came suddenly, and for a time, when these spells were on, he could not eat. He described it as feeling like a small stick of wood crosswise in his mouth, pressing out both cheeks, and when he attempted to eat it would push the victuals out of his mouth.

Kate, the Bell Witch, begins to speak:
As time passed, the family began hearing faint whispers and soft singing which sounding like an old woman singing hymns. The encounters soon turned violent and seemed to especially target one specific family member. Bells youngest daughter, Betsy, began experiencing brutal encounters. Her face and body covered with welts and red handprints found on her face, arms, and back.
In John Bell’s own words, “The persecutions of Elizabeth were increased to an extent that excited serious apprehensions. Her cheeks were frequently crimsoned as by a hard blow from an open hand, and her hair pulled until she would scream with pain.”
The family was initially instructed to keep the incidents quiet but John eventually reached his wit’s end and told a close family friend, neighbor James Johnston.
Johnston and his wife spent the night with the Bells and encountered one of the most terrifying nights of their lives. Their bed was shaken, covers floated off onto the floor, and they were repeatedly slapped, pinched, and punched. At one point, James Johnston leapt off the bed and shouted, “In the name of the Lord, who are you and what do you want!” The remainder of the night was peaceful.

Bell Witch Strength Grows:
The entity’s strength continued to grow reaching a point where its voice was loud and unmistakable. John recounted how he questioned the witch and eventually gleaned a response: “Finally, in answer to the question, "Who are you and what do you want?" the reply came, "I am a spirit; I was once very happy but have been disturbed." This was uttered in a very feeble voice, but sufficiently distinct to be understood by all present.”
Then followed the question, "How were you disturbed, and what makes you unhappy?" The reply to this question was, "I am the spirit of a person who was buried in the woods near by, and the grave has been disturbed, my bones disinterred and scattered, and one of my teeth was lost under this house, and I am here looking for that tooth."
This statement revived the memory of a circumstance that occurred some three or four years previously, and had been entirely forgotten. The farm hands while engaged in clearing a plot of land, discovered a small mound of graves, which they supposed to be an Indian burying ground, and worked around it without obliterating the marks. Several days later Corban Hall, a young man of the neighborhood, came to the Bell place, and was told the circumstance of finding the Indian graves. Hall thought the graves probably contained some relics which Indians commonly buried with their dead, and proposed to open one and see, to which 'Drew agreed, and they proceeded to disinter the bones.
Kate became more vocal. It would sing hymns and quote scriptures. In one incident, the Bell Witch, as it had come to be known, quoted the complete text of two sermons that had been given simultaneously at two different churches over 13 miles apart. It made it clear that her name was “Kate”.

Kate's pretentious for religion:

Kate, the Bell Witch, made great pretentious for religion taking Mr. Johnson for a model of Christianity, calling him "Old Sugar Mouth," frequently observing "Lord Jesus, how sweet old Sugar Mouth prays; how I do love to hear him." Kate delighted in scriptural controversies, could quote any text or passage in the Bible, and was able to maintain a discussion with the ablest theologians, excelling in fervency of prayer and devotional songs - no human Voice was sweet. Kate made frequent visits to North Carolina, John Bell's old neighborhood, never absent longer than a day or an hour, but always reporting correctly the news or events of the day in that vicinity. With all of these excellent traits of character, Kate behaved badly toward visitors and all members of the family except Mrs. Lucy Bell, to whom the witch was devoted, declaring that "Old Luce" was a good Woman, but manifesting very great aversion for "Old Jack" - John Bell, Sr. He was most detestable and loathsome in the eyes of Kate, for which no cause was ever assigned. But the witch often declared its purpose of killing him before leaving the place.
During this time, Betsy Bell became enamored with Joshua Gardner, a local Tennessee man. After a brief courtship, they announced their marriage. During their engagement, the Bell Witch took a particular keen interest in taunting and tormenting them. No matter where they went, the witch followed them and tormented them. Finally, on the day after Easter in 1921, they broke off the engagement.

John Bell's Death:
By the fall of 1920, John Bell’s health mysteriously began declining. By the end of the year he was so weak and sick that he was bedridden and confined to the house. He experienced episodes of twitching and had difficulty swallowing water and food. Each time he went into convulsions, the Bell Witch would slap his repeatedly and shout in her old shrill voice, “Old Jack Bell”, as she often referred to him. Finally, John breathed his last breath on December 20, 1820. His funeral was one of the largest the country had ever seen. As family and friends left the graveyard, the Bell Witch began laughing loudly and singing a song about brandy. Witnesses claim the singing did not end until the last person left the graveyard.
Soon after his death, the family found a strange vial hidden in a cupboard. John Bell Jr. fed a few drops to the family cat which died instantly. John Jr. threw the vial into the fireplace and it burst into bright blue and green flames. The entity then spoke up, exclaiming joyfully, "I gave Ol' Jack a big dose of that last night, which fixed him!” After John’s death, the activity declined with very sporadic “visits”, mostly centered on John Bell Jr.
Pat Fitzhugh's retelling of the Bell Witch legend concludes with a statement to the effect that some people believe that the spirit returned in 1935, the year when the witch claimed it would return ("one hundred years and seven" past 1828), and took up residence on the former Bell property. Other sources say that 1935 brought nothing out of the ordinary to the Bell descendants or the surrounding community.

Andres Jackson Visits:
Andrew Jackson, later to be President of the United States, is alleged to have visited the Bell Family and to have witnessed the phenomena. According to legend and the diary of Dr. James Killian, Jackson arrived prepared to spend the night in mid 1817, but was so overwhelmed with fright by what he witnessed that Jackson fled. Killian, a devoted abnormalist and cryptid hunter was originally at a loss to explain the phenomena.

The Ghosts of Proctor House
But at about 1 a.m., Dr. Drury watched in horror as a closet door slowly swung open out of which floated toward him the ghostly lady in white. Drury screamed and charged the phantom, succeeding only in tripping over his friend Hudson.

It was the autumn of 1834 when the Proctors, a Quaker family, began to notice disturbances in their house near Tyneside in northern England. Every member of the family complained of hearing footsteps and whistling that could not be accounted for. The sound of a clock being wound could not be explained. Over a six-year period, the intensity of the haunting increased. The stomping of angry footsteps echoed throughout the house, contrasted by faint whisperings. And then there were the apparitions. The white figure of a strange woman was seen in a window by a neighbor, and then seen in other rooms of the house by the Proctors. A disembodied white face appeared over a stair railing, seeming to watch the family.
The Proctor's plight was known throughout the area, and then, as now, there were skeptics who were certain they could explain it all away. On July 3, 1840, Edward Drury, a local doctor, volunteered to spend a night in the house with his colleague, T. Hudson, while the Proctors were away. Dr. Drury armed himself with pistols and waited on the third floor landing, unafraid of what he was sure were mundane house noises. Less than an hour into his vigil, Drury began to hear soft footfalls, then a knocking and an echoing cough. Hudson had fallen asleep. But at about 1 a.m., Dr. Drury watched in horror as a closet door slowly swung open out of which floated toward him the ghostly lady in white. Drury screamed and charged the phantom, succeeding only in tripping over his friend Hudson. What next happened the doctor could not recall. "I have since learned," he later wrote, "that I was carried downstairs in an agony of fear and terror."
Some years later the Proctors could stand no more of the unexplained manifestations and vacated the house in 1847. The building was later torn down.

The Enfield Poltergeist
The spirit did reveal itself to Grosse as a man named Bill, who died in the house of a brain hemorrhage. After a few weeks of Bill revealing himself, a man contacted Grosse and claimed to be Bill's son.

The Enfield Poltergeist was a period of apparent poltergeist activity in England between August 1977 and September 1978, with an added outburst in August 1980.

The said activity occurred at Enfield in North London, in a council house rented to Peggy Hodgson, a single parent with four children. Furniture moved about on its own, knockings on the walls were heard, and children's toys were thrown about the rooms and were too hot to touch when picked up. A police officer signed an affidavit to affirm that she saw a chair move. Reports of the activity attracted various visitors including mediums and members of the press. After visiting the house, George Fallows, a senior reporter for the Daily Mirror, suggested that the Society for Psychical Research (SPR) be called in to investigate.


The incidents were investigated by Maurice Grosse and Guy Lyon Playfair, both members of SPR, who were convinced by the evidence which they encountered during their thirteen month investigation. They reported witnessing various phenomena, including moving furniture, flying marbles, cold breezes, shallow pools of water appearing on the floor, and fires which spontaneously ignited and extinguished themselves.

Interviewing the Poltergeist:

Grosse 'challenged' the poltergeist to speak to him and it did not take long before the poltergeist was communicating. The poltergeist had a habit of making jokes, but also had a very nasty temper, choosing to swear at Maurice, once calling him; "A f*cking old sod."
However, the spirit did reveal itself to Grosse as a man named Bill, who died in the house of a brain hemorrhage. After a few weeks of Bill revealing himself, a man contacted Grosse and claimed to be Bill's son. In The Enfield Case, the documentary revealed that the two girls often played their own tricks on Grosse, but only to see if he could tell the difference between the poltergeist activity and the girls' activity. The girls said that Grosse always caught them out. Bill's voice was said to be a hoax coming from Janet (whom the poltergeist seemed to focus most of its attention on). Scientists believed that Janet was creating Bill's voice herself, but doubt has been cast on this claim.

The family:

The family consisted of a mother, two daughters, and two sons; Margaret aged 12, a younger sister Janet aged 11, Johnny aged 10 and Billy aged 7. At least 26 of of the events, investigators considered could not be accounted for by fraud. These included movement of small and large objects, interference with bedclothes, pools of water on the floor, apparitions, physical assaults, graffiti, equipment malfunction and failure, spontaneous combustion, disappearance and reappearance of objects, and apparent levitations.
Among other alleged phenomena that the SPR investigators witnessed was one of the children speaking using her false vocal folds for hours on end (which is believed to be medically impossible), while she was apparently possessed by another entity. When speaking with the false cords she said she was "Bill" who had died in the house. Recordings were made of these occurrences. After the BBC went to the house the recording crew found the metal inside of the recording machines bent, and recordings had been erased.

Real Exorcism of Anneliese Michel
An exorcist in a nearby town examined Michel and believed she was suffering from demonic possession.The bishop issued permission to perform the rite of exorcism. After years of unsuccessful psychiatric treatments, they gave up on medical treatment and chose to rely solely on the exorcisms for healing.

In 1968, when Anneliese was 16 and still in high school, she began to suffer from convulsions. Court findings had her experiencing her first epileptic attack in 1969.
Soon, Anneliese started experiencing hallucinations while praying. She also began to hear voices, which told her that she was damned.
By 1973 Anneliese was suffering from depression and considering suicide. Her behavior became increasingly bizarre; she tore off her clothes, ate coal and spiders off the floor, and licked up her own urine.
In 1975, when Anneliese Michel was 23 years old, an older woman who accompanied her on a pilgrimage concluded that Michel was suffering from demonic possession because Michel was unable to walk past a certain icon of Jesus Christ and refused to drink the water of a holy spring.
An exorcist in a nearby town examined Michel and believed she was suffering from demonic possession.The bishop issued permission to perform the rite of exorcism according to the Rituale Romanum of 1614. After years of unsuccessful psychiatric treatments, they gave up on medical treatment and chose to rely solely on the exorcisms for healing.
The rites of exorcism were performed over the course of about ten months in 1976. A total of sixty-seven exorcism sessions were held, one or two each week, some lasting up to four hours.
At some point she began talking increasingly about dying to atone for the wayward youth of the day and the apostate priests of the modern church, and refused to eat. Though she had received treatment for epilepsy, by this time, at her own request, doctors were no longer being consulted.
This was because Anneliese mentioned the "demons" to the doctors, explaining that they started to give her orders.The doctors seemed unable to help, and Anneliese lost hope that medicine was going to be able to cure her.

On July 1, 1976, Anneliese Michel died in her sleep. The autopsy report stated that her death resulted from the malnutrition and dehydration due to almost a year of semi-starvation during which time the rites of exorcism were also performed.

The Brown Lady
The next week Colonel Loftus again saw the figure. This time, however, he got a better look at her. He said she was an aristocratic looking woman.

Charles Townshend, 2nd Viscount Townshend was born April 18, 1674. The Townshend name granted prominence and respect and as a result, Charles Townshend served for a decade as the Secretary of State, directing British foreign policy. Known as Turnip Townshend because of this strong affinity for farming, he married twice in his lifetime.
His second wife, Nee Lady Dorothy Walpole, was actually his first true love. Dorothy was madly in love with Charles but her father refused to consent to the marriage. Strangely, Dorothy’s father was also Charles’s legal guardian and he felt that if he did consent, it would be misconstrued as a scandalous attempt to gain Charles’s inherited fortune. Disheartened, Charles instead married Elizabeth Thomas Pelham.
But Charles’s first marriage did not provide eternal happiness for either of them. Under mysterious circumstances, his first wife, Elizabeth, died in 1711. Two years after the death of Elizabeth, Charles was then able to obtain the hand of his true love, Dorothy, and the two married in a magnificent ceremony (most likely at Raynham Hall itself). Shortly after their marriage, things began to unravel.

Dorothy’s Illicit Affair
Charles went into the marriage missing one vital piece of information. What Charles did not know, was that during his short marriage to Elizabeth, Dorothy was involved in an affair with Lord Wharton (who left the country in a hurry after building up a pile of debts). Dorothy’s reputation suffered from the illicit affair. Lord Wharton himself had quite a reputation too. It was said that his " character was so infamous, and his lady's complaisant subservience so notorious, that no young woman could be four and twenty hours under their roof with safety to her reputation." When fiery tempered Charles discovered the affair, he was furious. He ordered Dorothy locked up in the home, never allowed to leave the house. Even more devastating to Dorothy, Charles Townshend separated Dorothy from her children and forbad any contact with them.

The Passing of Dorothy
After only a decade of marriage, Dorothy died at the age of 40. Her official cause of death was smallpox but many in the community felt her death was a result of more sinister causes. It was rumored that Dorothy had broken her neck after falling, or being pushed, down the stairs of Raynham Hall.
As time passed, it became apparent that Dorothy never really left Raynham Hall. Some believed that her death was faked and used by Charles as a further excuse to keep her locked in the house forever. Others believe that she was indeed murdered but that her spirit remained and roams the premises searching for her children. There is much proof for the later.

Early Royal Ghost Sightings
George IV visited Raynham Hall when he was a young prince. Unafraid, the slept in an upstairs room. Documents state that he awoke in the middle of the night to see the ghost of the Brown lady standing at the foot of his bed. He was quoted as saying, “I will not spend another hour in this accursed house, for tonight I have seen that which I hope to God I never see again.”

Later Sightings
In 1836, the famous author Captain Marryat was lodging at the Raynham Hall with a group of hunters, waiting patiently for a hunting expedition that was to begin the next morning. Several sightings of Dorothy’s ghost had already been made and the legend of the Brown Lady cemented in the folklore of the community. The lodgers joked about needing their guns for protection against the grieving entity. One man commented that they needed to take a look at the weapons that were to be used on their hunting trip and come to a decision as to which gun they should use. The men rose and left to examine the weapons. As they entered the hallway, they noticed a sad woman, all dressed in a brown silken dress, gliding down the staircase. Captain Marryat immediately recognized the woman as Dorothy, whose portrait hung on a hallway wall near the room he had been sleeping in. The men testified that the woman paused and stared at all three men in a very menacing manner. Captain Marryat, who was carrying a pistol, pulled his weapon and shot right through the woman who immediately disappeared the instant the weapon fired. The bullet was found embedded in a door behind where the woman had been standing.
In 1849, Major Lofthus was playing a game of chess at Raynham Hall with a friend. After the match, the men announced their retirement to bed and stood to walk to the rooms they were staying in. Both men paused as Lofthu’s friend pointed to a lady standing in the doorway. Surprisingly, the woman wore old fashioned clothing. As they stared, the woman slowly vanished into thin air.
The next week Colonel Loftus again saw the figure. This time, however, he got a better look at her. He said she was an aristocratic looking woman. She was wearing the same brown satin dress, and her skin glowed with a pale luminescence, but, to his horror, her eyes appeared to be gouged out.
Colonel Loftus told others of his experience, and more people then came forward to say that they too had seen a strange figure. An artist drew a painting of the 'brown lady' and this picture was then hung in the room where she was most frequently seen.
Nearly 100 years later, a Townshend heir was staying the weekend at Raynham Hall with her son and a friend. Unaware of the legend, they were amazed to see a lady dressed in brown standing on the suitcase. What astounded them was that she looked just like the lady portrayed in the portrait of Dorothy Walpole.

The Historical Photograph
The famous photograph of the Brown Lady was taken in September 1936. Captain Provand was on assignment for Country Life magazine when around 4:00 PM, his assistant, Indre Shira, called out that she could see a ghostly form on the staircase.
According to Indre, "Captain Provand took one photograph while I flashed the light. He was focusing for another exposure; I was standing by his side just behind the camera with the flashlight pistol in my hand, looking directly up the staircase. All at once I detected an ethereal veiled form coming slowly down the stairs.

Haunted Call Center - Cebu City, Philippines
When he opened his eyes, he saw the little girl sitting in the wall urinal in front of him, reciting the prayer with him. He screamed to death, running out the men's room.

This is a compilation of stories from different employees working in the call center where I used to work. Our office was located in a building that was converted from a warehouse to two story office building situated in Cebu City, Philippines. I was at first skeptical about ghosts, but I am now a believer. After all the stories and first hand experiences, I now believe that the office is haunted.
They said that when the area was still a warehouse, there was a family who lived there, where the mother and her daughter were brutally killed by her husband, who later committed suicide.
It was twelve noon and I was still taking calls when I saw a reflection of a little girl on my computer monitor, wearing a Sunday dress, pass behind me. When I turned to look, no one was there.
Then days after, I heard that one of my male office mates was in the men's room when he saw the door through the mirror adjacent to the john slowly open. When he looked back, he saw a little girl sitting on the toilet bowl. He looked back facing the wall and closed his eyes and prayed the Lord's Prayer, "Our father." When he opened his eyes, he saw the little girl sitting in the wall urinal in front of him, reciting the prayer with him. He screamed to death, running out the men's room.
I also had an experience when I was sleeping under my workstation (even if it is not allowed, he he he he) that somebody choked me in my dreams while I was asleep. When I woke up, I saw my hands reaching out to my co-worker's foot, as what I had in my dream.
We have colleagues who can see the unseen. One time, my co-worker who had an open third eye, saw one of our co-workers who was taking calls in the corner of the office, under the wall-mounted split-type air conditioner with a man who she can only see. He was hanging from the air conditioner where his neck was tied with a rope. Apparently, this hanging man was staring at the girl below him, with his foot touching her head.
One incident was when two of my co-workers snuck in the training office. It was Sunday and there was no trainers there during Sundays. The two guys connected the chairs for them to lie down. One guy decided to go out since he was not comfortable with the area, while the other guy decided to sleep. The guy who stayed did not realize that his friend went out. When he called out to ask him to wake him up around 4 am, a little girl's voice answered him, "Yes, no problem." He got up and ran outside where he found his friend on his workstation. They went back to the room and found no one.
There are also incidents in the ladies room where they can hear a woman crying, singing or even calling their first names. People who are in training can hear whispers. Some can see faces reflected in their computer monitors. One of the managers has ashes on her work station even if she already cleaned the area the day before. She was told by her seat-mate, who has a third-eye, that she can see a burnt man who keeps visiting her work station.
The haunting kept on going for the next three years of our stay in that location. Fortunately, our company transferred to another location where we finally have our own building. Some employees claim that they can still see the little girl.

The Amityville Haunting
On November 13, 1974 in the beautiful suburb of Amityville, a set of horrific murders took place.

Twenty-three year old Ronald DeFeo Jr. executed his father, mother and 4 siblings in cold blood while they were asleep in their beds. Later that day DeFeo ran into a local bar he frequented and cried out, ” You got to help me! I think my mother and father are shot!” After gathering a small group of friends, he returned to the house where Joe Yeswit called the police after finding that DeFeo’s parents were in fact dead. When the Suffolk County Police arrived at the home, they found not only the bodies of his parents but a total of 6 members of the DeFeo family had been killed. The victims included Ronald DeFeo 43, Louis DeFeo 42 , and their 4 children, Dawn 18, Allison 13, Mark 12, and John Matthew 9.
Ronald DeFeo Jr., also known as “Butch”, was taken to the police station after confiding to officers that the murders may have been a “mob hit”. He claimed that his family was in the outs with a local mobster/hitman named Louis Falini. The next day, plagued by guilt, the young criminal turned himself in and confessed to all the murders.
DeFeo was tried in October of 1974 where he tried to plead insanity – claiming the voices in his head made him do it. However, only months before, he told the police during a recorded interview that he did hear voices but on that night he had heard none. He had confessed to the police that he murdered his family on his own accord. He was convicted of 6 counts of second degree murder on November 21, 1975 and soon after was sentenced to 25 years to life.
The beautiful Dutch Colonial style home stood empty for 13 months after the gruesome murders took place until it was shown to the Lutz family. The Lutz’s were drawn in by the properties many attractive qualities including the 6 bedrooms for their large family, a boathouse to the canal and a swimming pool. Plus, the house was on the market for only $80,000. Their real estate broker informed them of the property’s horrific past during an inspection of the home and the Lutz family went home to discuss it with their family. Together, the family decided decided they were going to buy the home.

On December 23, 1975 George and Kathy Lutz moved into the home along with their 3 children. Due to the nature of it’s past they decided to have the house blessed by a catholic priest. They asked Father Ralph J Pecoraro also known as Father Mancuso, who was a lawyer, a Judge of the Catholic Court, and a psychotherapist to bless the house, based upon a recommendation of a friend. During the blessing the priest was in the room once belonging to John Matthew an Marc DeFeo when he claimed to have heard a disembodied deep male voice telling the priest to “get out”. He failed to mention this encounter to the family when leaving but called the next day to advise the family not to go into the room, which was going to be used as Kathy’s sewing room.
Shortly after moving into the home strange things began to happen. George began to act strangely, waking up at 3:15 am every morning to check the boat house, and obsessing over the fireplace. He was upset by the random cold spots throughout the house and was always trying to heat it up. He began to withdraw from the rest of the family. Kathy began feeling a touch by an unseen person and being awakened from a deep sleep only to see the face of an “old hag” that took hours to disappear. Missy – one of their children – claimed there was an “angel” in her room named Jodie who could also change into a large pig. George and Kathy also claimed to see red eyes peering out of Missy’s bedroom window and Missy said it was Jodie calling her to come inside. When George saw Kathy levitate off of the bed in her sleep he decided that was the last straw. The family fled the home on January 14, 1976 – only 28 days after moving in.
Before the Lutz family fled the home, they called a vampirologist and ghost hunter named Dr. Stephen Kaplan to investigate the home. He found nothing unusual and told the Lutz family he would expose them for fraud. In 1995 he published the book titled The Amityville Horror Conspiracy . Dr Stephen Kaplan died the same year of a heart attack.

In March of 1976 the Ed and Lauren Warren, a famous ghost hunter and demonologist couple, along with channel 5 news investigated the home. During the investigation a series of photos were taken in the stairwell. One of the infra-red photos taken you can see a picture of a little boy with a strong resemblance to the youngest DeFeo son John Matthew peering around the corner. Lauren claimed the house had a very sad feel to it. The Warrens felt the house could only be saved by a “cleansing” made by a Roman Catholic Priest. The Lutz’s, not wanting to subject their family to further trauma decided not to move forward with the cleansing and returned the home to the bank in August of 1976.

Most Convincing Real Ghost Photo shot at Tantallon Castle in Scotland
The next week Colonel Loftus again saw the figure. This time, however, he got a better look at her. He said she was an aristocratic looking woman.

The scary shot was unearthed during the biggest ever investigation into photographic evidence of ghosts. The picture, taken in May 2008, shows a spectral figure in fifteenth century dress peering out of a barred window at Tantallon Castle in Fife.
This photo taken at the Tantallon Castle in Scotland was voted the most convincing ghost photo by nearly 250,000 people. This picture was part of a larger study conducted to find the best haunted amateur photos.
This figure was captured in a castle in Scotland. Experts are Baffled by it.
The figure appears to be in period costume, but we know 100 per cent that Tantallon Castle is not the sort of place that has dummies or costumed guides; they just don't go in for that sort of thing. I suppose it could be a visitor looking a little bit strange. Perhaps someone will come forward. Another possibility is an odd reflection of sunlight, but it does look very much like a person. The explanation is not obvious.

Tantallon Castle, a ruined fortress dating back to the 14th century, stands on a remote rocky headland near North Berwick on the East coast of Scotland. It was badly damaged in an attack by Oliver Cromwells forces in 1651.
Christopher Aitchison, who took the photo, said: "I was not aware of anyone, or anything, being present in my picture."
In March 2009, psychology professor Richard Wiseman released a photograph taken at Tantallon, which appeared to show a figure standing behind railings in a wall opening. The image, taken in May 2008 and sent to Wiseman as part of a research project, was described in The Times as showing a "courtly figure dressed in a ruff".
Wiseman stated that no costumed guides were present at Tantallon, and that three photographic experts have confirmed that the image had not been manipulated. A second photo, taken 30 years earlier, and showing a different figure in a similar location, was printed in The Scotsman a few days later.
Psychologist Prof Wiseman, from the University of Hertfordshire, who has made many studies of the supernatural, launched the investigation a month ago. Members of the public were asked to submit ghostly images for experts to analyze, the best of which were posted.
More than 250 pictures were received from all over the world and more than a quarter of a million people voted for what they considered to be the most convincing photos.

After the "Most Convincing Real Ghost Photo of all times shot at Tantallon Castle of Scotland" won the contest, another photo (Notice the ghostly figure in the window) taken at Tantallon over 30 years ago surfaced.

History of Tantallon Castle:
Tantallon Castle is a mid-14th-century fortress, located 5 kilometres (3.1 miles) east of North Berwick, in East Lothian, Scotland. It sits atop a promontory opposite the Bass Rock, looking out onto the Firth of Forth.
The last medieval curtain wall castle to be constructed in Scotland, Tantallon comprises a single wall blocking off the headland, with the other three sides naturally protected by sea cliffs.
Tantallon was built in the mid 14th century by William Douglas, 1st Earl of Douglas. It was passed to his illegitimate son, later created Earl of Angus, and despite several sieges, it remained the property of his descendants for much of its history.
It was besieged by King James IV in 1491, and again by his successor James V in 1528, when extensive damage was done.
Tantallon saw action in the First Bishops' War in 1639, and again during Oliver Cromwell's invasion of Scotland in 1651, when it was once more severely damaged. It was sold by the Douglases in 1699, and the ruin is today in the care of Historic Scotland. In 2009 photographs were published which purported to show a ghost in a window of the castle.

Real Haunted - Part 2
Bhangarh: Most Haunted Place of India
People say that nobody returned from there who stayed there after dark.

Bhangarh - No Entry Before Sunrise And After Sunset

The biggest thing is that as per Govt. of India rules there has to be an office of Archaeology Survey of India (ASI) beside every historical structure in India. But even Government authorities couldn't dare to open an office there and they opened their office about one kilometer away from the ruins of Bhangarh.
Bhangarh, the most haunted place of India - VOA News
India, with its rich and long history, is full of mysteries. Perhaps none is as puzzling as what happened hundreds of years ago at a royal city in Rajasthan, now under excavation. VOA Correspondent Steve Herman went to look and has this report from the ghost town of Bhangarh.

Real account from people who're missing now :
A photograph and a diary entry

"The place was absolutely dark! No artificial lighting. At all! we parked the car strategically so as make use of the car's headlamps and jumped the iron gate and, we were in. Of course, this didn't happen so fast and without a lot of discussions and thinking and some more re-thinking. Soon we were far from the car and the only luminescence in the pitch blackness was my phone flashlight. We'd gone way in and were scared to death, we'd dare not go inside the caves, there were bats. We wanted to stay away from the trees and wilderness, black panthers and snakes were common here.
The guard told us the story of Bhangarh, how a tantrik cursed the town so its inhabitants would die suddenly , he cursed- that none of the houses would have roofs over them. The guard then showed us that in fact none of the ancient houses had roofs other than the mandirs,the temples! I shit you not. And that moment, it was bone-chilling! He took us to the gate and made us leave. We left. I slept on the way and damn, I cant forget the nightmares I had that night."
Last entry:
"I woke up at 7 am to find myself in the middle of nowhere, turns out we'd lost the way back and my friend who was driving had parked the car and dozed off. Boy, he must have gone through crazy shit. But now, it was daylight, we felt safer, though we had no clue where we were and there were no people around! there was no no mobile network,so we couldn't make calls. that was still manageable, but the car? it would not start!"
A search party went looking for these boys but no success...only their car, a camera and a diary with these notes scribbled were found. Apparently, they visited the place for a night of ghost hunting.

There are ghosts, and there are haunted places. How many haunted places, though, have the distinction of being acknowledged by a government? None. Take Bhangarh in the state of Rajasthan, India for example. Local mythology says the place is haunted, as local mythologies are wont to do. But in this case, the Archaelogical Survey of India (ASI) in charge of it warns people off the area!
Bhangarh is a place on way from Jaipur to Alwar city in Rajasthan state of India. Today Bhangarh is known for it's ruins where nobody dares to stay after sunset. Going to history we find that this town was established by Madho Singh, younger brother of King Akbar’s General Man Singh, in 1631. But the city seems to have been abandoned in a hurry some centuries later. As per local folks, due to some curse the whole town was vacated overnight. According to this curse It was also said that if the town was ever rediscovered, the township would not be found, but only temples would show up.
True to the story, only temples dot the landscape and even far up on the mountains only shrines can be seen. People say that nobody returned from there who stayed there after dark. The biggest thing is that as per Govt. of India rules there has to be an office of Archaeology Survey of India (ASI) beside every historical structure in India. But even Government authorities couldn’t dare to open an office there and they opened their office about one kilometer away from the ruins of Bhangarh.
Also ASI has put a signboard at Bhangarh saying, "Staying after sunset is strictly prohibited in this area." People who visit this place out of tourist interest say that there is a strange feeling in the atmosphere of Bhangarh, which causes sort of anxiety and restlessness.
Those who swear by the Bhangarh’s resident ghosts, say that the ASI too is scared of the parnanormal activity associated with the fort; hence the ASI board has been put up at a safe distance from the fort, next to a temple. Many locals and visitors claim that they have witnessed paranormal activities – like sounds of music and dancing and wierd color spots in photographs of chambers.

Ramoji Film City, Hyderabad
Invisible ghostly hands push people off the ceiling.

This film city is build on the war grounds and is said to be haunted by notorious ghosts of dead soldiers. A lot of paranormal activity has been reported during film shootings. Several people have sustained serious injuries due to hauntings as well. These stories though well known are not revealed officially due to business reasons.

It is a big film city in Hyderabad like Universal Studios. The hotels in Ramoji film city are believed to be haunted. Legend says thet the film city is built on the war grounds of the Nizam Sultans.
Witnesses report paranormal phenomena happening during the shoots like lights falling off the ceiling, light men (who sit with the lights on top) have been pushed by invisible hands and have been seriously injured on multiple occasions.
The food left in rooms has been found to be scattered around the room. Strange marks left on the mirrors resembling Urdu (the language of Sultans).
Women get troubled by the ghosts of dead soldiers more than the guys. Torn clothes, shadows in the changing rooms, knocks from the bathroom doors locked from outside are daily occurances.
Inspite of taking many preventive steps to stop the hauntings, they still seem to occur on regular basis.

Taj Mahal Hotel, Mumbai
This lavish hotel of India (sadly, now known for the infamous 26/11 terrorist attack), is haunted by the ghost of it's architect.

The century-old famous Taj Mahal hotel of Mumbai (where infamous 26/11 Terrorist attack took place) is believed to have a resident ghost in the form of its original architect Frenchman W. A. Chambers. Chambers created the blueprints and went off on a trip to his country in 1903. When he returned, he was shocked to find that the hotel frontage had been made in the reverse direction, and committed suicide! His ghost is still believed to haunt the old wing that is known for its mystique and aura.

Hotel Savoy, Mussoorie
During British Rule, a Lady Orme was poisoned in mysterious circumstances, and is said to still wander aimlessly in the corridors of the hotel.

Mystery of serial killings in Mussoorie's Haunted Hotel Savoy - Report by AajTak - Hindi
Several people have been killed in Mussoorie's Hotel Savoy after a British girl was mysteriously killed by her companion. It is believed that the hotel is haunted. However, the locals believe that some super natural power is behind this.

One of the most haunted Indian hotel is the Savoy in Mussoorie.
The hotel formally opened in 1902, two years earlier than the Taj Mahal hotel. It is said that the halls and corridors of this hotel are haunted by the ghost of Lady Garnet Orme, who was found dead in mysterious circumstances many years ago in early 1910s. Apparently strychnine had been placed in her medicine bottle, but how it got there no one could tell.
The ghost is known for wandering aimlessly in the corridors at night. Witnesses mention that on encounter the ghost of the lady seems to be looking straight at you with a blank expression. It is said that she's still looking for the person who poisoned her.
Agatha Christie used the circumstance of the crime in her first novel, The Mysterious Affair at Styles (1920). The case was quite a sensation in its time, as it involved crystal-gazing and table-rapping seances, the victim having been a practitioner of the occult.

Shaniwarwada Fort, Pune
Full Moon nights are especially haunted here. It is said that this fort is haunted by the ghost of a prince who was brutally assasinated when he was 13 year old by a relative. His ghost can be heard shrieking in the middle of the night.

Shaniwarwada Fort of Pune in India is one of the most haunted historical places of India and contains a nerve chilling story within it's walls. This is the place where the 13 year-old Peshwa Dynasty heir Narayan was brutally assasinated.
As his assassins chased him all across the fort, the boy yelled, again and again "Kaka, mala vachva!" (Uncle, save me!) and even today locals say that they hear his cries for help at midnight on every new moon day.

Dow Hill, Kurseong, West Bengal
A number of murders have taken place in the woods and that has left an eery feeling in the air here. Many locals have also heard footsteps in the corridors of Victoria Boys School during the December-March vacation.

Dow Hill, Kurseong in West Bengal is one of the most haunted places of India. Especially the corridors of the school and the woods where a lot of paranormal activity has been recorded.
A number of murders have taken place in the woods and that has left an eery feeling in the air here.
On the stretch between Dow Hill Road and the Forest Office, woodcutters claim to have seen a headless young boy walking and then disappearing into the trees.
Many locals have also heard footsteps in the corridors of Victoria Boys School during the December-March vacation.

Raj Kiran Hotel in Lonavala, Mumbai
One room in this hotel is particularly haunted. It's not rented out anymore, after a lot of reports of paranormal activity. A lot of people have gone through mental treatment after staying in that room. Something really scary goes on in that room during the nights which leaves people scarred for life.

Raj Kiran Hotel, Lonavala in Mumbai, India is not a big hotel but is haunted for sure, confirmed by a number of Paranormal experts, that one
There is a particular room on the ground floor of this hotel, where guests have reported their bed sheets had been pulled off while they slept. Some have woken up in the middle of the night with blue light at their feet.
The room, however, has now been stopped being rented out.

D'Souza Chawl of Mahim, Mumbai
A well in which a woman drowned and died a very painful death is still seen around this place.

A well in the d'souza chawl area of Mumbai, Mahim has acquired the reputation of being haunted. It is said that a woman, while getting water, fell to her death in the well. Many people claim to have seen the ghostly apparition of that woman near the well during nights. She is also said to be harmless.

Brij Raj Bhavan Palace in Kota, Rajasthan
British Army's Major Burton was killed here during the battle of 1857, his ghost is seen wandering during the night.

The 178-year-old Brij Raj Bhavan Palace of the former princely family of Kota in Rajasthan, which was converted into a heritage hotel in the 1980s has a resident ghost, namely that of Major Burton, who, while serving as the British Resident to Kota, was killed by Indian sepoys during the 1857 Mutiny.
The sepoys killed Major Burton and his two sons in the central hall of the building. The former maharani of Kota told British journalists in 1980 that she used to see Major Burton frequently, as the room in which he was killed, was being used as her drawing room then. An elderly man with a cane in his hand, ghost of Major Burton does not harm anybody. But during his night visit, if any of the guards are sleeping or dozing, Major Burton gives them a slap.

Dumas Beach, Gujarat
Hindus burn their dead bodies on the beach, and this area has been reported numerous of times for it's paranormal activity. People have experiences with hearing strange whispers on the beach. It's like the wind around this area is full of spirits of dead people.

Dumas beach in gujarat is one of the most haunted placesin India. Hindus have a tradition of burning dead on the beach, plus spirits tend to be found more at places which are windy, and Dumas Beach is one of them. Especially at night, if you are walking towards the ocean, you'll hear noises in the wind which'll tell you not to go forward and go back. A number of tourists have been known to have disppeared while taking walks on the beach at night.
Dogs, who have a slightly wider spectrum to notice paranormal phenomena, behave weirdly around the ocean here, and cry at night. Many have been chased by dogs here, but locals say they are just running away from something else!

Mumbai Airport Haunting
"After that, the towing vehicle sped off at lightning speed by itself.''As the men stood watching openmouthed, the vehicle swerved and turned around, rushing towards the aircraft.

It may appear like something out of a seedy horror film, but a section of the aviation community strongly believes that a ghost haunted Mumbai’s domestic airport on the night of July 7 2006.
On that fateful date, a little past midnight, Indian Airlines towing vehicle operator K V Gharse, a foreman and an aircraft technician were towing an A-320 aircraft from the domestic to the international end of Mumbai airport.
Two communication technicians were on board the plane, in the cockpit.
“When the aircraft reached the runway near the fire brigade station, smoke started emanating from the towing vehicle. So the operator stopped the vehicle, climbed down and released the tow bar,’’ says an airport source.
Following a short discussion, the men decided to park the problematic towing vehicle at a safe spot away from the runway before getting another towing vehicle.
“But when Gharse climbed back into the vehicle and started it, he was thrown off his seat with such force that he landed on the runway with a thud,’’ says the source. “After that, the towing vehicle sped off at lightning speed by itself.’’As the men stood watching openmouthed, the vehicle swerved and turned around, rushing towards the aircraft.
“En route, its two front wheels got caught in a gutter along the taxibay and it stopped, but it jumped out of the ditch and hit and damaged the aircraft before coming to a halt,’’ adds the source.
The men ran off and notified the control tower and Indian Airlines officials about the accident. Gharse, who received injuries on his head and hands, was rushed to Nanavati hospital.
The IA general manager for ground support flew in from Delhi the next day to investigate the matter. Gharse was discharged from the hospital this Monday.
While the story given by the five men on duty is being investigated, the IA management has been looking for a scientific explanation and the possibility of human error as well. “It should be noted that the towing vehicle was giving out smoke before the operator climbed in and started it,’’ reasons an IA official.
“Maybe the accelerator went on accidentally, and the operator was thrown off the vehicle due to inertia. The uncontrolled speed could have caused it to swerve and come back towards the aircraft.’’
Whether one favours the rational explanation or the supernatural one, no more untoward incidents have taken place at Mumbai airport since July 7. The spooked aviation staff must be happy about that.